May 05, 2012

The Moon that Embraces the Sun Review

play from 0:00 - 0:32

Synopsis:
A drama set on Joeson Era about a Crowned Prince who later became the King, Lee Hwon, who fell in love with a smart and outspoken girl named Yeon Woo. Yeon Woo became the Crowned Princess but her fate was cut short when she  mysteriously got ill and died. Years after she died, a Shaman showed up with a similar resemblance as Yeon Woo, confusing the King who still hasn't forgotten Yeon Woo after all the years that have past. Will he choose Wol or Yeon Woo?


Review:
I am not a very big fan of historical drama / fictional historical drama, except for a few, that's why I was a bit leery when I first started watching the show. It was showing up popular and got a lot of good comments that's why I thought there must be something in it, so I gave it a go, and I am sure glad I did. This is a close second to my all time favorite historical drama / fictional historical drama Sungkyungkwan Scandal.


Before I pour my heart out and tell you how awesome this drama is, one thing I can say for sure is that the acting is SUPERB! that I can guarantee you. I may be a little biased because I am a fan of  Kim Soo Hyun and Jung Il Woo, but in this drama you'll understand why.


The script was well thought and the scenes are just flawless! It is funny, sad and heart warming at the same time. 


The only thing that I probably didn't like that much about it is their conversation / scholarly argument that is always made in reference to the Books of Confucius. But all in all I give it  an 8.5 out of 10 stars. You should go and watch it now!!!

I have watched all 20 Episodes with English Subtitles at epdrama, link is HERE ( site is a little slow in video streaming but video is in HD )


xoxo
uzziel









8 comments: